14.11.11

Book Review: Already Gone by John Rector

Jake Reese is an ordinary guy with an ordinary job, trying to block out the memory of his violent past by planning for the future with his new wife, Diane. But the past has a habit of refusing to stay buried...
When two men attack Jake in a car park, he tries to dismiss it as an unlucky case of  being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But when events take a more sinister turn and Diane goes missing, Jake knows he can no longer hide from the truth.
As he embarks on a mission to find Diane, Jake finds himself dragged back into the life he thought he had walked away from forever and the days ahead begin to unfold in terrifying ways...
This is the first  book that I have read by John Rector and he is certainly gripping. The action started straight away and the chapters are short and snappy, it only took me just over a day to finish this book.
Jake Reese is a good character in that he keeps the action and tension going but I have to say that I never really felt as though I got to know a lot about him. Events from his past are alluded to but nothing much is ever revealed.
The author does give a real sense of desperation, Jake is in a living nightmare when Diane goes missing and there are very few people who he can turn to for help.
If you like a good, fast paced thriller then I would recommend this one. Personally I felt that the ending was a little abrupt but the plot kept me entertained and there were several twists and turns along the way.

Dot Scribbles Rating 3/5

Many thanks to Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy of this book to review, it is published on 8th December.

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...