27.9.10

It's That Time of Year!

Morning! Just wanted to apologise for the delay in responding to comments and blogging in general last week! I had what I would describe as the flu (Dr S said I had a virus) I have spent so much time asleep and being generally miserable. And the worst thing was that I had constant headaches and dizziness so reading was definitely off the cards! Anyway I am feeling better than I was and I actually managed to catch up with my book yesterday so things are looking better.
I have the normal reviews coming up this week, I shall let you know what has been dropping through my letter box plus my plans to take part in Book Chick City's All Hallows Eve event. The idea is to celebrate all those things that go bump in the night during the month of October. I am going to kick start by reading Dracula's Guest which is a collection of Victorian Vampire stories which Bloomsbury very kindly sent me. If you want to join in and scare yourself silly then click on the All Hallows Eve button in my sidebar which will take you to Book Chick City where you shall be able to find out more.

8 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

I'm sorry you were so sick, but I am glad you are doing better! Take your time with recovery, it's not good to rush these things. But I AM looking forward to your reviews! I have yet to read Dracula's Guest, and since I recently finished Dracula, I am very curious about it, so I am especially looking forward to this review.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but I am glad you're feeling better. I love the picture you included!

Dot said...

Irena- Thank you, starting Dracula's Guest this week so shall have the review up soon.

Iris- I thought it was very appropriate!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Missed you on the blog and on twitter, so glad you are feeling back on top of things again, don't rush to do too much and risk a relapse

Kim said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell but so glad you are recovering now - take your time and be kind to yourself. Where did you find that picture, Dot? It is very sweet.

Dot said...

fiction-books- Thank you, feeling much better than I was!

Kim- Thanks Kim, have a quiet weekend coming up so will hopefully be able to finally sit down and write you a letter!

Carol said...

Sorry to hear u have been poorly, like u say it is that time of year but no consolation when u are feeling rough.

Hope u are back on form very soon.

carol

Dot said...

DizzyC- Thank you, feeling much better!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...