5.9.10

Book Review: What the Hell is He Thinking by Zoe Strimpel

Having spent a good part of her post-pubescent life picking apart dating dilemmas with her girlfriends over cocktails, Zoe Strimpel decided it was time to do something once and for all about the mystery that is the male mind.
So instead of moping about in the  Mars/Venus divide, Zoe did something completely crazy: she talked to actual guys, getting them to explain the tales of confusion that she had gathered from her firends.
And would you believe it? They had a lot of gems to offer. So while she had their attention, she also asked them the 'Eighty Questions You Most Want Men to Answer'
This is very different from the types of books that I normally read and review. It is a book to dip in and out of which is why it has been in my currently reading section for longer than normal.
I was worried at first that this was a book about dating nad having been happily married for a year, I have no intention of entering into that minefield ever again. However, this book is more focused on how men think, obviously this would be very useful if you are dating but it is also very interetsing if you are settles with the man of your dreams.
The book is split into eight parts, ranging from topics like committment phobia to hang-ups about ex-partners. Zoe Strimpel has put a lot of work into this book, she is not trying to prove any particular point but rather show the varied ways in which men often respond to the same question.
Overall I really enjoyed this book, I think it would make a great gift for friends as no matter how settled you are, I think working out the way men think is a mystery to many of us.

3 comments:

Clarence Carlyle said...

Nicely reviewed. Came to your site while looking for reviews on the books that we are looking forward to keep in our office library.

Being an avid reader, I think the world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts except books. In their world, there are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the heart of men centuries dead.

Dot said...

Clarence- Thank you, quite a different book for me but I did enjoy it!

Meg @ write meg! said...

And they say that we're the complicated ones! ;) Sounds like a book that could definitely come in handy!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...