29.8.09

61 Days to go!!!



I know that loads of people have written about Marian Keyes' new book The Brightest Star in the Sky which is released on October 29th but I have just realised how excited I am about this! 61 days to go, I was hoping it would be out in time for my birthday (October 20th) as then it could have gone on my wish list but it's only a few weeks after.
Watermelon was the first Marian Keyes book that I read when on one of those awful holidays you have to go on with your parents as you're just that little bit too young to stay at home and fend for yourself. This book was definitely my introduction to the world of Chick Lit and I don't think that I could have started with a better author. Since then I have devoured every single book she has written as they come out and loved every single one of them. A lot of people have said that This Charming Man had a very different feel to Marian Keyes' other books and I think it did as it was a little bit darker but the way she dealt with the issues in that book was excellent and the humour and witty dialogue were still there in abundance.
The Brightest Star in the Sky does not sound like it is going to disappoint either:
At 66, Star Street in Dublin, someone is watching over the lives of the people living in its flats. But no one is aware of it- yet. One of them is ready to take the plunge and fall in love; another is torn between two very different lovers. For some, secrets they want to stay buried will come to light and for others, the unveiling of these secrets will have tragic consequences. Fate is on its way to Star Street, bringing with it love and tragedy, friendship and heartbreak, and the power to change their lives in the most unexpected of ways.

If you have not read a Marian Keyes book then you really are missing out, check out her website for some more information about her previous releases, or like me you can read the new one in just 61 days!!

11 comments:

Karen said...

I'm really looking forward to this one too! I must admit I was a little disappointed with her last book - but not enough for me to not read this one!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

I've read it already and I'm afraid I found it suprisingly disappointing ... Am curious to see what others make of it ... Nonetheless, MK is brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I have been told by one of the girls on my team at work that I must, must, must give 'This Charming Man' ago as its superb. I own a copy just havent read it!

Cupcakes And Peonies said...

Ican't wait for this! Am very excited!

Dot said...

Simon- You should give Marian a try, her last one was a little bit darker than usual but still an excellent read.

C&P- Counting down the days!

Sarah's Book Reviews said...

i too love marian keyes books and was also hoping for this for my birthdya too - mine is 29 october so i have said get me gift vouchers so i can get it on day of release.
mind october is going to be a busy reading month as michael connelly, patricia cornwell, john grisham, cecelia ahern and marian keyes all have books out!

Dot said...

Sarah- our birthday month is clearly a very good time for new books! Excellent!

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea she had a new release coming out so soon! Thanks for posting this! I'm so excited : )

Dot said...

Jillian- It's exciting isn't it!! I am really looking forward to it!

Nadia said...

I love Marian Keyes! Her books rock!! The first chick lit book I read was Sushi for Beginners. So glad that she has a new book coming out - can't wait to read it!!!

Dot said...

Nadia- I loved Sushi for Beginners! Not long now to wait for the new one!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...