29.12.08

Books Read in 2008

I have only managed to read 38 books this year but I think that I only really got into my reading stride around June time so I hope to at least double this figure in 2009. I have definitely re-discovered my love of reading this year- it is one of the few things that really helps me to relax and switch off so I shall be doing more of that next year! Here are the books that I did manage to read:

  1. The Devil in the Kitchen by Marco Pierre White.
  2. The girls by Lori Lansen (One of my favourites in 2008).
  3. First Lady by Michael Dobbs.
  4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Brilliant).
  5. Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer (I want to read more of her books in the new year).
  6. Then we Came to the End by Joshua Ferris (Least favourite book of 2008).
  7. Facing the Light by Adele Geras (Swapped this and LOVED it).
  8. Restoring Grace by Katie Fforde.
  9. The Savage Garden by Mark Mills.
  10. Frenchman's Creek by Daphne Du Maurier (I am hoping to work my way through the ones I haven't read of hers in 2009).
  11. Notes from an Exhibition by Patrick Gale.
  12. Affinity by Sarah Waters.
  13. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (One I think I will re-read many times!).
  14. 31 Dream Street by Lisa Jewell (Another favourite of 2008 and everyone I know who has read it loved it too).
  15. The Mitfords: Letters between Sisters edited by Charlotte Moseley (I love anything to do with the Mitford Sisters and this was so well put together).
  16. The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith (I love this series of books).
  17. No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay (This is the best thriller that I read this year)
  18. Pillow Talk by Freya North.
  19. Flora's Lot by Katie Fforde.
  20. Thanks for the Memories by Cecilia Ahern.
  21. Re-read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling.
  22. Georgiana the Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman.
  23. Re-read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling.
  24. A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans.
  25. Re-read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban by J.K. Rowling.
  26. Re-read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling.
  27. The Murder Room by P.D. James.
  28. If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern.
  29. The Jigsaw Man by Paul Britton.
  30. Dreams that Glitter by Girls Aloud.
  31. Re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling.
  32. Things I Want my Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble.
  33. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by R.L. Stevenson.
  34. Picking up the Pieces by Paul Britton.
  35. Re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling.
  36. Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell.
  37. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (I think this may be my favorite book of the year- very glad that I discovered this series)
  38. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...