14.10.08

Get Ready for a RANT!


Now I am not usually one to rant but I have got to get this off my chest, I currently HATE students. Mr S and our friends are an exception to this but as to all the other ones who live in our road I would definitely have a few choice words to say to them. I was a student not so long ago and Mr S is a student of the worse kind but we never felt the need to run up and down the street screaming at 4am in the morning. We have lived in our house for just over a year now and last year was no problem, there was the odd noisy night and I am sure we contributed to this at some point but it seems that since September there has been no let up. I was well prepared for Freshers Week to be a noisy one but this lot seem to be planning Freshers Year. It usually starts at about 11pm- this is when they are going out, so we have taxis honking their horns up and down the road, people shouting for their housemates to get a move on, other cars honking for the taxis to move out the way. Then we usually have a 3 hour window where you are most likely to get any sleep as at about 3-3:30AM the screaming begins. What happens to these people when they have had a drink? They all scream, I used to think it was just the girls but no they all do it. Just go to bed- why do you need to scream along the way? Then there are the pointless coversations that they have to have at the top of their voices; we had two people arguing over how to spell disappointed underneath our bedroom window, Mr S had to stop me from opening the window and hurling the Oxford English Dictionary at them.

Phew, I feel much better now; it annoys me as I am one of the most laid-back people you will ever come across so it has to be pretty bad for me to be this wound up. I think that the sleep deprivation has really started to hit now, it's ok for them as they don't have to drag themselves out of bed until the afternoon. I am always very tempted to go screaming up and down the street first thing in the morning just as they are settling into their sleep but again Mr S has always managed to restrain me!

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...